pc keeps restarting

pc mad 17:24 03 Apr 04

hi, every now and again my pc will close down and restart on its own, with the following error message, "shut down was initiated by nt authority/system, computer was shut down because remote procedure call (rpc) service was terminated unexpectly, it all so done this once on another pc, the only thing they have in common is they both use the same broadband connection, but not at the same time, can any one help please, thanks

VoG II 17:25 03 Apr 04

You have got the Blaster virus.

First, Start, Run and type

shutdown -a

and click OK. This will give you more time.

Disable System Restore click here

Next, get the MS Patch. Without it you'll be reinfected every time you connect: click here

Then run either Stinger click here or the Norton removal tool click here or Microsoft's tool click here

When all is OK again, re-enable System Restore.

bremner 17:27 03 Apr 04

Sounds like it may be the Blaster worm click here

and to remove click here

pc mad 19:13 03 Apr 04

hi again,iv done as advised on both pcs,disabled system restore, installed the ms patch, and ran the tool, on both pcs the virus wasent found all though on one pc norton came up and told me the virus was there, i did use the norton tool, would it be an ideal to try the ms one, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…