PC Keeps Re-Booting

Jim Suter 14:02 06 Nov 03

My PC occassionaly reboots for no aparent reason. I don't think it is software related as I did a reformat and the problem is still there. It doesn't happen with a certain program so I can't seem to isolate the cause. Only started to happen in the last two days. Any suggestions.

wizzy 14:16 06 Nov 03

I had a PC with Windows 95 that did the same thing. I fixed it by upgrading to Windows Me. Try changing you OS to see if that fixes it.

Jim Suter 14:42 06 Nov 03

I am using XP. I have not had any trouble for about a year. It's just started happening.

critic-al 14:58 06 Nov 03

This is the default behavior when Windows XP encounters a System failure. This behavior can be changed by going to the System applet in Control Panel, select the Advanced tab and click the Settings button under the Startup and Recovery heading. Under System failure, un-check Automatically restart.

Jim Suter 15:04 06 Nov 03

Thanks for that. I have altered the setting and I'll let you know how it goes.

Jim Suter 15:46 06 Nov 03

Tried the above. Didn't re-boot but I got the blue screen of death. Something about Bad_Pool_Caller and Stop: 0x000000C2.

Any ideas????

alcudia 16:00 06 Nov 03

click here;en-us;314492&Product=winxp

Give some help.

You have a STOP error. XP has found something it doesn't like and has deliberately hatlted the boot sequence to avoid damage to your system.

alcudia 16:02 06 Nov 03

Why do links to MS never work?

click here

you will be re-directed.

alcudia 16:06 06 Nov 03

That didn't work either.

Go to microsoft.com and choose the knowledge base from support on the left hand side.

Enter 0x000000C2 in the solutions area and click go.

The second article is the one you want.

It doesn't look easy though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…