PC KEEPS FREEZING UP

sexgodmcr 14:47 24 May 03

I recently upgraded my pc which was running Windows Millenium to Windows XP Pro but have just started having difficulties due to my pc freezing on a quite regular basis. When it does this I have no choice but to turn it off at the power switch as I can't shut it down in the normal manner and on reboot it comes up with various fault messages on scandisk.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening as it is becoming very annoying to say the least :(

Gaz 25 14:58 24 May 03

What system specification are you running?

sexgodmcr 15:02 24 May 03

I am running an AMD Athlon 1.4GHZ with 512mb of ram - hope thats what you meant!!

sexgodmcr 11:44 26 May 03

Getting fed up now so taking the rather drastic measure of formatting pc and starting again with a clean install of ME - wish me luck (hope I remembered to back everything up)

sexgodmcr 10:48 01 Jun 03

Yippppeeeeeeeee - after a full format and repartitioning od both hard drives everything is now ok!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…