pc keeps freezing

IMAGEDKTR1 21:46 15 May 04

hi there , problem is on pc running win2k , trying to install zoom adsl usb modem. the programme getts to a point whereby it asks you to plug usb cable into modem it starts to install then the screen goes black and freezes. ok i have done the following to eliminate a few things, the usb cable has been changed a different usb port was tried i have even gone to the lengths of formatting and reinstalling win2k. all usb drivers (usb 2.0) have been loaded . coincidentally the modem and its original cable work fine on another pc . also other usb devices run fine on the pc that wont take this modem. so any ideas folks?

woodchip 21:53 15 May 04

Could be a Driver\or IRQ conflict can you try fitting loading in safe mode. sorry but know nothing of 2k as I use 98se and XP

IMAGEDKTR1 22:25 15 May 04

cannot try that tonight as the pc is at friends house so will have a go tomorrow

IMAGEDKTR1 23:53 15 May 04

^^

Try different drivers?

click here

spanneress 09:39 16 May 04

W2k is my preferred OS. However, I have a devil of a job with USB peripherals on it! I have tried and failed to connect wireless kybrds/mice via USB and hubs etc, found absolutely nothing wrong on the system and have now resigned myself to the fact that 2K simply just is not a happy camper with some USB products. Upon a customer problem such as yours, I took the modem back and got an ethernet one.

Not a lot of help to you..more a comforting 'yes I have that prblem' post.

TBH..I don't have the time to research the problem further but would be interested in any explaination.

IMAGEDKTR1 11:12 16 May 04

^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…