PC keeps freezing

Hoseman 11:14 26 Mar 04

Hi, can anyone offer any advice for my pc which keeps freezing and I get the blue screen which tells me there is an error - I dont have the exact message and code number it gives. The pcs hard disk has been formatted very recently and software wise there isnt much on there so Im suprised im having these problems. Ive run a thorough scandisk and defraged it and Im still having these problems. I know the above is vague but is there anything else I can do to get to the bottom of this problem?

What else should I be doing maintenance wise?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:18 26 Mar 04

What windows version are u using? and when does the freeze happen ,at boot after boot when online?,it would be good to have the error message as well so make a note if it happens again and post it.

Regards.

Hoseman 11:26 26 Mar 04

Yep meant to specify OS. Its running Win98 and it happens at no specific time but when using IE6 or even Excel which happened today for example when trying to print preview a file. The pc is on a network of 2 pcs.

Maybe I should repost when I have the exact error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…