PC keeps dropping the Broadband connection

1933 13:54 15 Mar 05

I use NTL Cable Broadband and very often after a few minutes of not actually being in use I find that when I try to access a site or check email there is no connection. Removing the USB cable from the port for a few seconds then plugging it back in regians the line. Has anyone an idea of what the problem may be? I am using Win 98SE, until recently all was well. Thanks Dave

kimosabi 14:33 15 Mar 05

Yes I have had those problems what NTL says to do is
pull the plug out of your modem for a few minutes
the re plugit back in this has cured my problem also try unscrewing the cable line and re coupling this have also fixed the problem
go on to the ntl site there is an problem solver there hope this helps
kimo

kimosabi 14:47 15 Mar 05

DAVID
Go to ntl website click on broadband and download droadband medic this might help you can't give a click here link not sure how to do it good luck
kimo

kimosabi 14:17 21 Dec 07

thanks guys

Fred05 15:19 21 Dec 07

I missed this thread - i have just posted about a similar problem with Orange with my connection dropping off line

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:48 21 Dec 07

Couple of other things worth checking:

In device manager check your ethernet card/adaptor -right click - properties - power management tab - untick allow the computer to turn of...

Check the ADSL lamp on the modem is always on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…