PC keeps Crashing

mcheathen 14:57 02 Oct 10

Every so often it will crash, sometimes showing the blue screen. If I unplug it and switch on it will start up again. A message saying that 'Express Gate' is not installed appears on screen followed by the motherboard's logo, then the boot up proscess begins.

I took it back to the shop where I bought it from a few weeks ago and the shop technician replaced one of the menoty chip boards and it re-booted. It worked wekk for about a week, then it started to crash. I took the new memory chipboard out and noticed that it was warmer than the other boards. I never put it back in, but the PC still crashes every so often.

northumbria61 15:13 02 Oct 10

ASUS ?

Just means you havent installed Asus Express Gate on to the Primary HDD.
If you're not going to use it and want to get rid of the message. Go to your Bios setup. Go to the last tab, and disable Express gate. As you say "followed by the motherboard's logo, then the boot up process begins" - This is normal. A bit info.here for you click here

I don't think this is the reason for your PC "crashing" - I think you need to look elsewhere.
You could have a problem with "overheating" if it occurs whilst using.

onthelimit 15:54 02 Oct 10

Then take it back and let them sort it out.

mcheathen 16:13 02 Oct 10

yes it is ASUS and I never got the express gate message before I had this problem with it crashing

Yes I checked the bios and made sure that express gate was enabled, but this did no good.

I actually bought the computer about 18 months ago and took it back to the shop a few weeks ago to get sorted.

northumbria61 23:21 02 Oct 10

"Every so often it will crash, sometimes showing the blue screen"

Please post a bit more information so others may help - How often does it crash? Do you get any error messages when you get the BSD (Blue Screen of Death) ?

My guess is you may have an overheating problem - if you are confident going inside the case (Switch off at the mains first) then check all cabling to your components and blow off (using aerosol air can) any dust on your fans, graphics card, HDD etc.

It is also possible you have a software conflict but I would carry out the above checks first as a process of elimination.

woodchip 23:50 02 Oct 10

If it was not crashing when you bought it or lasted for some time, it may be down to you loading a Program or changing adding Hardware, and it does not like a driver.

Try running Disc Check on the drive by Double Click My Computer Right Click the Operating System Partition most likely C:\Properties\Tools\Check Disc Put a Tick in box to Auto fix Errors and do a full scan

onthelimit 09:32 03 Oct 10

Also, if you can find it, check the entry to the fan for accumulated dust.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos