PC KEEPS CLOSING DOWN

it wisna me 22:17 14 Sep 08

why does my pc close down automatically then starts up again can anyone help please

ambra4 23:09 14 Sep 08

It could be an overheating problem, open the case and check that all the fans are working

Also check that the power supply fan is spinning, as a bad fan will cause the unit to over heat and

shut down and start up again when it cool down

provider 2 23:15 14 Sep 08

I think you will need to supply a lot more information eg which OS, in what circumstances it closes down ... programs running, how long after start-up, fans running continuously or not at all, routine maintenance done or not done, anything installed or downloaded recently, any peculiar behaviour spyware or virus related, info from Task Manager and if possible Event Viewer etc, etc, etc ...

You are asking for a diagnosis but give almost no information on which to base it.

woodchip 23:19 14 Sep 08

How many time does it do this? is it just once when you try booting???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:40 14 Sep 08

Auto-reboot disable:
When Running windows and it crashes you will get a blue screen and it will automatically restart, often it will restart too fast for you to see the error message.
To disable auto restart on system failure, so you can see the error message.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…