pc keeps asking for a disc to install

ole1999 23:23 20 Jan 06

Hi

everytime i start up my p.c it keeps asking to insert a scan disc or something.
"please insert scan disc on a c/d rom, user source 1, please wait while windows configures scan".

It gives me 3 options, cancel, browse, and ok, then says path 1, scan msi, to install the scan find the scan msi folder, i can only remove the message with my task manager, but on every reboot it just returns, i don't even know what the scan msi is that it is asking for.
Thanks

johnnyrocker 23:27 20 Jan 06

os? if xp and you have an xp disk try sfc /scannow or system restore if a recent issue

johnny.

ole1999 23:30 20 Jan 06

sorry, it is xp yes, and i don't have a disc.

I have done a system restore, but it has not done anything, thanks for your quick reply.

johnnyrocker 23:32 20 Jan 06

can you recall anything you might have been doing prior to this issue?

johnny.

ole1999 23:37 20 Jan 06

Hi, i installed last week a2 anti virus which i had put on a disc because my escan had expired, i have uninstalled escan and am now using a2, that is all i have done in the past week.

Thanks

johnnyrocker 23:41 20 Jan 06

has this occurred since those actions and did either have the facility for a system snapshot prior to scan? if not i suggest you restore to when you can last remember it working ok

johnny.

stalion 23:47 20 Jan 06

go to run and type msconfig then select startup
and have a look to see if there is anything in there that resembles this

ole1999 23:48 20 Jan 06

Thanks johnny, i don't recall them having a snapshot, but if it did i didn't use it, but i will try a restore as you sugested and see how it works tomorrow, need my bed as early start tomorrow lol.

Thanks for your help, much apprciated.

ole1999 23:49 20 Jan 06

stalion, thanks will do, will get back tomorrow and see if the issue is resolved, thanks again guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…