PC to Internet via USB

WoodenHorse 14:58 PM 06 Jun 13

I would like to connect up to the internet (broadband) with my laptop PC. I want to connect using a USB device plugged into the PC and the USB device plugged directly into the BT socket (via suitable filter). I don’t want a wireless solution. The idea is to be able to remain connected in the event of a temporary power cut. Is this possible?

onthelimit1 15:32 PM 06 Jun 13

First, you have to setup an account with an Internet provider. They supply you with a wireless router that plugs into the BT socket. You can then connect by ethernet cable or wireless. You will lose the ability to connect in the event of a power failure as the router is connected to the mains.

Woolwell 15:36 PM 06 Jun 13

3G dongle or tethered mobile phone will allow you to remain connected during a power cut.

WoodenHorse 15:45 PM 06 Jun 13

Thanks for the replies. I already have an internet connection so that's OK, but what I don't have is any mobile connection - too remote.

Cheers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…