PC infected with trojan and spyware

julas64 18:48 19 Jul 08

please help, i've been having trouble with spyware for a day or two now. upon downloading numerous spyware removal programs, i found ad-aware, this found and removed spyware from my PC, however, i still get a pop up claiming to be from windows security center saying i am still infected with spyware. i found another program called "spyware terminator" and this ran numerous scans and found a trojan, which it is unable to delete. i looked into this and found it was in the following file :- C:\WINDOWS system32
this is very worrying as this appears to be an important file and cannot be deleted.
are there any files in there i can delete or would this have to be resolved by a system restore? mcafee didnt pick it up at all and i've only had the PC for 3 days.

thank you for any help you can give.

skidzy 18:51 19 Jul 08

Try Superantispyware click here

Boot into safe mode and run Sas.

ICF 18:53 19 Jul 08

Try bitdefender online scanner click here

julas64 19:52 19 Jul 08

I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware. It Worked! it has completely deleted all the infected files, including the ones in system 32 and now my computer is working perfectly fine again! Thank god. I did run the scan 3 times to make sure it was completely clean, which it now appears to be.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

skidzy 20:01 19 Jul 08

Dont forget to reboot and rescan julas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…