pc infected

Juba. 16:14 04 Sep 10

about 2 days ago my pc got infected, my browser kept beig redirected.

I currently have AVIRA and Comodo Firewall, I have never had any problems. I ran a virus scan and cleared quite a lot. the browser is not redirecting as much. The problem I now have is

1) My Avira wont start when my PC is started and

2) I'm trying to run SPYBOT search and DESTROY or Malware Bytes and they will not open so i can not do a scan. not sure if this is the problem Hlq.exe it wasn't there a few days ago

MS XP PRO V 2002
SP 3

Diemmess 16:31 04 Sep 10

If you can,... download SuperAntispyware to a pen drive, reboot and start in Safe Mode.

Then run SuperAntiSpyware from the pen drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 04 Sep 10

Rename mbam.exe to something like happy.exe double click it to run malwarewabytes.

Juba. 16:40 04 Sep 10

Fruit Bat

Thanks for that, just got it to open and I have done a data base update. At the moment I am running a check via House Call, soon as that is done I will run Malware Bytes, if nothing comes up then I will do SuperAntispyware. I will post back then. Might be gone some time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…