PC infected

Meshuga 18:00 20 Dec 05

I am getting a message that my PC is infected with spyware and is under the control of a remote computer with the IP address 227.4.167.118 and that I should download spyaxe to deal with it. Advice wanted please as to dealing with it. I have run NAV which has detected 1 infection and dealt with it but has not got rid of it entirely. I have also run A2 which detected nothing. Your help is appreciated please. I am using a spare PC at the moment and my OS on both pcs is XPHomesp2.
The spare pc is unaffected.

Devil Fish 18:03 20 Dec 05

dont download spyaxe

try running click here

VoG II 18:04 20 Dec 05

Do not click to install Spyaxe!

click here

Devil Fish 18:04 20 Dec 05

sorry you have already run a2

Skills 18:09 20 Dec 05

Sounds like windows messenger spam so disable the messenger service click here

Spyaxe is a piece of sypware thats doin the rounds at the mo and seems rather nasty.

So once you've disabled the messenger service do some antispware scans with MS antispyware, adaware, ewido and spybot.

Before you run the scans empty out all your temporary files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:12 20 Dec 05

The latest update of Adaware will remove spyaxe.

Meshuga 19:40 20 Dec 05

Hi all, especially Fruit Bat. Have taken your advice and run Adaware which found 59 critical objects comprising 1 process,1 module,24 registry keys,6 registry values,23 files,4 folders. Of the above 48 objects were spyaxe and 7 0bjects were highjack attempts. adaware deleted the lot and subsequent scans were clear. NAV scan showed 1 file which wes dealt with and all appears well now but will keep a close watch on it. Many thanks to all. Happy Xmas. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…