PC incompatible with TFT monitor "Out of timing"?

cyberphobic 11:54 22 Jan 05

I have "mirrored" a friend's PC onto a much better spec PC which I built using Acronis "True Image" and everything works fine. When he took it home and plugged it into his TFT monitor the following happened - black XP PRO splash screen, then the blue file checking screen, which runs through successfuly to 100%, then the screen goes blank and a message appears on the screen which says "Out of Timing" the music as Windows opens can be heard but there is no further display. Having hunted around a bit it seems that the problem lies with graphic card drivers, I have downloaded the latest drivers for it (S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR) but am not sure if this has done the trick as if I go to Display Settings/Advanced/S3Display Display Devices, shown are CRT with a tick in the box and DVI with a red cross against it and no tick in the box. Can anyone help me with this please?

LeadingMNMs 14:10 22 Jan 05

Boot into safe mode and make sure the correct drivers are installed for both the graphics card and monitor. Also enure that the monitor will support the set resolution and refresh rate.

Sans le Sou 14:26 22 Jan 05

Is it a DVI monitor only it looks like you only have analogue support at the moment.

Sans le Sou 14:35 22 Jan 05

AS Leading MNMs says go into safe mode, you may need to select your monitor from a list and install its driver if you have one.

cyberphobic 15:05 22 Jan 05

Thanks for your help with this problem. For the record, updating the graphics card drivers did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…