Pc in Hibernation

Meshuga 16:48 24 Dec 03

My pc has suddenly shown a message saying Failed to resume from hibernation>. If I click on ESC
as it tells me to do it says Returning to Windows
but it doesn`t do so and I am left with a black screen and have to turn it off. I`ve tried to get into safe mode but it won`t. Can anyone help please. I use Win ME. Thanks, Meshuga.

Stuartli 17:17 24 Dec 03

How have you posted the thread?

Some basic info (but not solution):

click here

Read these:

click here;en-us;303368&Product=winme

click here;en-us;267967&Product=winme

There are others from:

click here;en-us;267967&Product=winme

Stuartli 17:24 24 Dec 03

Right click on links and use Open in New Window

Meshuga 17:45 24 Dec 03

Stuartli. Thanks. I am using an old pc to post with. The problem is with another pc. I am not sufficiently knowledgable to deal with it without some positive instruction. Hopefully someone will
be able to talk me throgh it. Regards, Meshuga.

VoG II 17:52 24 Dec 03

click here

Hopefully you've made a Windows startup disk. If not you could try one from click here

Put floppy startup disk in the drive and switch on. When the A:> prompt appears type

Hibinv.exe

and press Enter.

Once that's run, remove the floppy and restart - hopefully it will start up normally.

Stuartli 17:53 24 Dec 03

But that's exactly what Microsoft's Knowledge Base articles do.....:-)

Stuartli 17:55 24 Dec 03

Further to VoG's helpful advice, some of the MS Knowledge Base articles refer to certain programs, hardware etc affecting the Hibernation feature.

I know I had to disable it because of problems but prefer, in any case, to shut the system down properly each time and ensure the correct backup.

Meshuga 18:07 24 Dec 03

Stuartli, this is a repeat of my reply to you which has not appeared. I am posting using a spare pc. It is a new one that has the problem.
Not being very knowledgable, what I need is someone who can talk me through getting out of hibernation mode, Thanks for your posting. Regards, Meshuga.

VoG II 18:08 24 Dec 03

Please read my post 17:52.

Meshuga 18:16 24 Dec 03

Hi VoG. Thanks for response. Unfortunatly I dont have a startup disc as this is a brand new pc
and I haven`t had a chance to even use it yet.
Meshuga.

VoG II 18:18 24 Dec 03

Then on the machine you're on now, download from click here onto a floppy. Then put the floppy in the knackered machine's drive and proceed as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…