Pc in Hibernation

Meshuga 16:48 24 Dec 03

My pc has suddenly shown a message saying Failed to resume from hibernation>. If I click on ESC
as it tells me to do it says Returning to Windows
but it doesn`t do so and I am left with a black screen and have to turn it off. I`ve tried to get into safe mode but it won`t. Can anyone help please. I use Win ME. Thanks, Meshuga.

Stuartli 17:17 24 Dec 03

How have you posted the thread?

Some basic info (but not solution):

click here

Read these:

click here;en-us;303368&Product=winme

click here;en-us;267967&Product=winme

There are others from:

click here;en-us;267967&Product=winme

Stuartli 17:24 24 Dec 03

Right click on links and use Open in New Window

Meshuga 17:45 24 Dec 03

Stuartli. Thanks. I am using an old pc to post with. The problem is with another pc. I am not sufficiently knowledgable to deal with it without some positive instruction. Hopefully someone will
be able to talk me throgh it. Regards, Meshuga.

VoG II 17:52 24 Dec 03

click here

Hopefully you've made a Windows startup disk. If not you could try one from click here

Put floppy startup disk in the drive and switch on. When the A:> prompt appears type

Hibinv.exe

and press Enter.

Once that's run, remove the floppy and restart - hopefully it will start up normally.

Stuartli 17:53 24 Dec 03

But that's exactly what Microsoft's Knowledge Base articles do.....:-)

Stuartli 17:55 24 Dec 03

Further to VoG's helpful advice, some of the MS Knowledge Base articles refer to certain programs, hardware etc affecting the Hibernation feature.

I know I had to disable it because of problems but prefer, in any case, to shut the system down properly each time and ensure the correct backup.

Meshuga 18:07 24 Dec 03

Stuartli, this is a repeat of my reply to you which has not appeared. I am posting using a spare pc. It is a new one that has the problem.
Not being very knowledgable, what I need is someone who can talk me through getting out of hibernation mode, Thanks for your posting. Regards, Meshuga.

VoG II 18:08 24 Dec 03

Please read my post 17:52.

Meshuga 18:16 24 Dec 03

Hi VoG. Thanks for response. Unfortunatly I dont have a startup disc as this is a brand new pc
and I haven`t had a chance to even use it yet.
Meshuga.

VoG II 18:18 24 Dec 03

Then on the machine you're on now, download from click here onto a floppy. Then put the floppy in the knackered machine's drive and proceed as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…