PC to Hi fi connection

Paul Mitchell 15:28 10 May 04

I want to connect my Graphics card (SB Live!) to my Hi fi amplifier. What cable do I need? There seems to be no standard two-pin connection a la hi fi components.

computernerdiamnot 15:37 10 May 04

Go to maplins or a electrical shop and get them to make you a lead. I got one made stero jack to phono lead.

computernerdiamnot 15:38 10 May 04

Go to maplins or a electrical shop and get them to make you a lead. I got one made stero jack to phono lead.

computernerdiamnot 15:38 10 May 04

hoverman 15:39 10 May 04

Graphics Card?? - don't you mean Sound Card? My PC card is connected to my Hi Fi system - the cable has a small jack plug at one end and terminates in two Phono Plugs at the other.

dublincity 15:41 10 May 04

Hi Paul. 'fraid I don't have a contribution to make but I'm butting in because I have a similar query. I've just got a budget-priced hi-fi which I don't yet understand. I recently installed Netscape Radio on my PC and can get the music I like but with pretty poor quality. Can I stick a bit of cable from my PC speakers socket to my hi-fi Aux socket and hear the internet radio via my hi-fi? Cheers, Mike.

SANTOS7 15:50 10 May 04
  SEASHANTY 16:01 10 May 04

Use some caution here. The reason that PC speakers have an amplified power supply unit incorporated is because the soundcard cannot supply the power needed. If you connect a couple of say 50 or 100watt
speakers directly to the speaker output you are going to get problems...... perhaps pretty big ones.

SEASHANTY 16:03 10 May 04

You need a connection from line out on your PC soundcard to the line in on your hi-fi system.....
and not the MIC input either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…