PC Help Needed

PCNeedHelp 21:24 09 Mar 15

So recently in the past week my computer has been getting slower and more unresponsive. At first it was just annoying but now it's taking years to load. When I boot up the computer the screen which says welcome is normal and then turns white. This is followed by the theme being classic and not connecting to either the Ethernet or wifi (Safe mode with networking doesn't work). Safe mode is also really slow but can still use it. I have used like 3 antivirus software (Mcafee, AVG, Panda Security) to completely scan the computer but it's picking up no viruses or Trojans.

Specs: Acer Aspire M3910 Windows 7 (Home Premium 64-bit) Intel Core i3 (Processor 550) Memory 3gb (~1.4gb in use) Hard Drive 640gb (CPU usage: 0% and Physcal Memory 46%)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:33 09 Mar 15

I have used like 3 antivirus software (Mcafee, AVG, Panda Security) to completely scan the computer

Use of more than one installed Antivirus will cause all sorts of problems as they will clash.

Decide which one you want to keep and remove the other two with the appropriate removal tool uninstall will leave remnants that could still be problematic.

Once thats sorted try running

sfc / scannow

windows will find and replace corrupt or missing windows files.

More advice available when you have completed those tasks if no better..

PCNeedHelp 21:35 09 Mar 15

Thanks will do now

PCNeedHelp 22:52 09 Mar 15

Thank you sooooooo much, however my internet isn't working (showing limited access), I have connected both Ethernet and wifi to the computer but to no avail. Could you please help me?

robin_x 00:00 10 Mar 15

Have you rebooted after uninstalling AVs?

Also, open Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel, or by right-clicking Network icon on Taskbar.

Run Troubleshooting options

PCNeedHelp 10:26 10 Mar 15

I have tried troubleshooting, but windows comes up with nothing

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 10 Mar 15

Check in device manager for any exclamation marks against the netwrok card drivers

IN I.E. click on tools and make sure any proxy settings are unticked.

PCNeedHelp 19:36 10 Mar 15

No exclamation marks against any network adapters

However, my troubleshooting says there might be a problem with the driver for local area connection adapter and wireless network connection adapter

Also whenever I go into control panel and select change adapter settings nothing comes up

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 10 Mar 15

In device manage select the network adaptor and right click select properties tab

what does it say there?

robin_x 20:57 10 Mar 15

I'll leave you to it, but I just went and found the drivers if you want to try.

click here

robin_x 20:58 10 Mar 15

(select 64 bit dropdown)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…