pc help

paulwalker 13:20 03 Dec 07

hi, i asked if some-one could help me find out if my pc would play call of duty 4 game, and thank you maj, he gave me a web site so i could check it out, the results came back as follows,
cpu min pentium 42.4ghz
i have intel (r) celeon (r) 2.66ghz
cpu speed 2.4ghz
i have 2.6ghz
system ram min 512mb (768mb for windows vista)
i have 223.5mb
video card min 128mb
i have sis 661fx (sis 661fx rev 01)
video ram required 128mb
i have 32.0mb
it gave me a few options for me to take to make my pc play the above game, buy a new pc (lol) or buy a few things to add on, memory ect ect, i have had this pc for 2 years now and when i first got it i did not know anything about pcs so there will be alot of things on here that i down-loaded when i first got it, could i delete some of the things that i dont use anymore and will it make my pc work better by doing this, plus i dont want to delete the wrong things as i dont know what most of the things are on here some of them are just numbers and letters, please help paul walker.

Diodorus Siculus 14:33 03 Dec 07

I really don't think that you will get far with Call of Duty on your machine; nor indeed is it worthwhile for you to spend money trying to upgrade it.

You would need to upgrade the CPU (and likely the motherboard), RAM, and the graphics card and by then you will have yourself a new PC. A new graphics card may well require a new power supply unit...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

warlord12345 18:36 03 Dec 07

yeh i agree with diodorus, you may aswell buy a new pc. were you charged much for that pc 2 years ago?

malgall 18:57 03 Dec 07

the problem with playing games on a pc
is you are always in a constant battle
to keep up
a new pc is not a cheap option but the best choice
if you did spend the money upgrade graphics and memory alone call of duty 4 would run but you would spend at least £300

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5