PC has died need opinions

Hitman codename 47 10:22 15 May 03

Hi all.

I am running XP with SP1 with 1GB PC2700 Ram, XP2000 on an MSI KT3 Ultra 2-R m/board, with Ti4200 MSI g/card. 80GB Seagate H/D.

I was using a 375 watt PSU connected to the above motherboard as well as 2 x DVD, 1 x CD-RW, 1 hard drive, a zip drive and a floppy.

Was running 3dMark when my pc suddenly turned itself off.

Thought it was a power cut but after checking my actual tower was dead.

I took the PSU out and took it to a PC shop where they tested it, said it was dead so they are getting me a new 400 watt PSU unit.

It should hopefully arrive this afternoon.

- If it is the PSU and the PC starts running again would it have damaged any other components.

- If the new PSU fails to start the PC what else could be the problem.

Thanks for all advice and comments.

woodchip 10:26 15 May 03

Not likely

The Transporter 10:32 15 May 03

When you do get the new Power unit installed reset your bios before you turn the PC on. Then set it back up the way you used to have it.

There will be a jumper on your motherboard to do the reset.

If it isnt the Power unit then it will either be the processor or the motherboard. But i doubt it will be anything else.

DieSse 10:46 15 May 03

In my ex perience, I've had just the PSU faulty - replaced it, and no more problems - up to new PSU, new Motherboard, new graphics card, new processor, new hard drive and new modem (all in the same system) - and some in-betweens.

So all you can do is keep your fingers crossed!!

If the system doesn't come on with the new PSU - don't leave it running for a long period, just in case!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…