PC Hangs on the Intel Logo at startup...

PC Advice Sir 10:01 10 Jun 07

This has only been happening recently. I have to turn off the PC manually by holding in the power button till it shuts down...then power-up again - maybe repeat the process till windows starts up normally, any ideas?

Could'nt find a similar subject in helproom through search, hence this posting.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:19 10 Jun 07

Bios may be slow looking for HDDS

could be a symptom of ealy PSU wear (not providing power fast enough to HDDs DVDs) slow to "warm up"

could also be a motherboard capacitor problem worth a look to see if capacitor tops are bulging click here

PC Advice Sir 11:14 10 Jun 07

Thanks for your early response to this Fruit Bat. I'm not acquainted with opening the PC identifying visual problems admittedly, but its still within Medions 36 month warranty (up to March 2008). Contacting Medion is a nightmare, I was held listening to a music loop for 30 mins on their 0870 number then gave up. I might try emailing them instead.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 10 Jun 07

I have a MEDION and they are pretty well built PCs

What model No. 8386?

PC Advice Sir 11:41 10 Jun 07

Yes! 8386. I noticed that the blue light on external freecom HD shows some activity on startup. When I looked just now its power indicator was out and no ext. HD among my drives in 'my computer' - I disconnected and reconnected the USB to this drive (M) ~ now acknowledged and showing in my comp with power light on and access. Does this further suggest that there is your aforementioned PSU/capacitor prob even though it has its own indepenent power for the drive?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:51 10 Jun 07

I think you might find if you disconnect the external drive and then boot you won't have any problems.

The bios will be looking for a set of boot files on the external device.

PC Advice Sir 18:56 10 Jun 07

Thanks Fruit. Do I just need to do that once and then leave connected, or each reboot from now on? I'm wondering why the PC looks for boot files on the ext. HD when it did'nt originally? (Sorry about my inquisitiveness).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017