PC hangs even after clean install

Placebian 22:29 12 Sep 03

I started to have trouble with my PC hanging, usually whilst on the net, but then also when offline. I think when a new window might have been opening. I thought it might have been software related as I had downloaded the latest version of Kazaa around the time it began. I un-installed it to no avail so I then decided to re-install windows after deleting the partition etc. It seemed ok for a day or two and then the problem returned, just before my modem packed up.Then thought it must have been that and installed a new one and still the same problem. The only other software I have installed is norton anti virus 03 and firewall 02 and the modem drivers. all else was through windows xp. any ideas people?

Placebian 22:33 12 Sep 03

Also, my system will hang when offline and i try to do something as simple as try to change screen saver or online when I try to scan for windows updates. My spec is windows xp, 512MB DDR RAM, 1800+xp, 2x40GB HD, Zoom v.92 modem, gforce 4 ti and soundblaster sound card. Thanks for any help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…