PC hangs during "POST" with HP psc 2210 connected

PCHH 15:22 02 May 04

With HP psc 2210 printer/scanner/copier connected to the USB port the PC hangs during the initial
power on self test. Never attempts to boot.
PC boots up ok with printer disconnected. Printer may be connected after bootup has commenced, and works OK, although after several hours PC will eventually crash and auto reboot.

Any printer settings I can change?
or do I need a BIOS update?

Anybody else seen this fault?

LastChip 15:54 02 May 04

There is a critical update for this device click here but whether this will solve your problem, remains to be seen.

Sometimes manufacturers don't always come clean about the implications of these updates, and may not care to admit their software crashes machines. If you haven't already tried this update, it may be worth a try.

PCHH 17:43 02 May 04

I have now found a firmware update on the HP website. Not easy to find - missed it first time.
load this or disable boot from usb hard drives.
Thanks for or your help

GermfreeUnicycle 17:47 02 May 04

I have had the experience of some obscure types of printers not allowing the PC to boot up if the printer is connected and not turned on. You could try turning the printer on first.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…