PC hanging problem

golfpro 08:26 10 Apr 06

I have a four year old PC running XP home, for the last year or two it has started to hang up during running different programs mostly when I rip Cd's to my computer or run short videos, but it can happen anytime and when it does I have no other option but to shut down using the power switch and restart.
I have tried everything from defrag to uninstalling various unused programs, other than this everything works fine. Some time ago I read on this forum about installing a Ram Disc, and my problem as far as I can remember started from about this time. I would like to get rid of this and see if it makes any difference, but I can't find it anywhere except listed as RAMDisc (B:)in Explore.
If anyone can help me with this, I would be more than grateful.

recap 10:43 10 Apr 06

It may be in Comuter Management. You can find this via: Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management.

To delete this, highlight the drive/disc go to Action/All Tasks/Delete.

recap 10:53 10 Apr 06

forgot to say, to delete this disc you will need to be logged in as Administrator.

golfpro 13:07 10 Apr 06

Tried this and can't find it in there.
Anybody else got any ideas please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…