pc hanging

ukwhisper 13:48 30 Mar 03

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to the internet and hope someone can give me some advice,when i click on a link or even type in an address on the address bar and press enter my pc very often(most of the time) does nothing for quite along time then will either connect to the page i want or the modem cuts out and i have to reconnect, could anyone help thanks.

Lú-tzé 14:28 30 Mar 03

You will need to give more info re your machine: operating system (win 98 / xp or whatever); your browser and version; your hardwae specification and so on. Maybe someone will point you to an anwer with those facts.

ukwhisper 15:00 30 Mar 03

hp pavilion 6630,windows 98se,asus p5s-vm motherboard,amd k63d processor 550mhz,320mb ram,sitecom (intel(r)536ep)modem,internet explorer 6.

Lú-tzé 16:13 30 Mar 03

As you have IE six you will be able to go into add/remove programs in the control panel and choose to remove Microsoft Internet Explorer. That will give the option to repair IE instead of removing it. Try that, reboot and see if it is any better.

Also, try emptying temporary internet files, cokies, and reboot. That can often have a postive influence on what is happening.

Finally, try a scandisk and a defragment of the hdd.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…