PC gone mad!!!!!!!

Valli1 22:11 27 Jan 08

You guys have helped me in the past so am praying you can do it again. We have 2 PC's. and they are broadband. My husband's is the main one and mine the secondary. Mine is okay but he cannot do anything as he is bombarded with ads,virus warnings - oh name it and he has it.He cannot get online or anything. I have tried system restore and it will not work. He has Norton installed but it does not seem to help either. Have no idea what to do next. I am worried it will infect mine! Any ideas? Should he F disc it and if so how does he do that? Het a new PC? Hope not -post Christmas?? I am sure he has clicked on something silly (he basically uses his for games etc) but cannot remember what. Any advice please. Ask away re questions. Impossible to list all problems here. Desperate is what I am right now. I am no technophobe and he is zilch tech. If anyone has any ideas please let me know asap. Thank you guys. (and girls).
Valli

Devil Fish 22:17 27 Jan 08

what operating system is he using

woodchip 22:17 27 Jan 08

You could try downloading this and creating a ISO CD with it to boot from in NERO click here
Check what's on the disc and run anti-virus from the cd

Fried~Chips 23:38 27 Jan 08

shields turn up in the programme menu and the pop-up is asking you to download and buy certain malware etf removal products it a regular infection.

The infections also put in internet explorer add-ons. in WinXP Internet Explorer Tools. under the Programmes tab in their is a list of add-ons like Active Controls etc. Myself have removed this infection a few times as norton just doesn't get deep enough.

I have found a tool called Prevx v2.0 which you can use as a free trial once to remove things like this.

I would use the working non effecting machine and download click here

When installing use the Free Trial.
Their are a number of scans from quick and Extensive.

Back-up your work like Documents 1st and again after.

wee eddie 11:33 28 Jan 08

Also down load the "free" version of Spybot's Search and Destroy, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and SUPERANTI Spyware. "All free and good at their job. Update and run them.

With luck that should do the trick. Then make sure that he keep his Anti-virus up-dated runs the rest approximately once every 15 times he logs onto the Internet.

A free Fire wall, say Zone Alarm or Comodo would be a sensible precaution.

For more details search for Fruitbat's advice on Slow Computers

hiwatt 11:37 28 Jan 08

Download super antispywareclick here run it and see what it finds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…