PC going slow

The Sheep 15:26 26 Sep 05

Hello all. For some reason my PC in work has started gong extreamly slow. Its taking ages to open anything at all.

Nothing new has been installed on it or anythng like that? If i do task manager and then make sure nothing is running, then try an open something its still going really slow.

I am runnning w2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

woodchip 15:32 26 Sep 05

It sounds very much like a VIRUS, You need to do some online Scans. click here

click here

click here

oursoulsdad 21:35 26 Sep 05

sheepy - could be that your memory is faulty or used up? If RAM is faulty, you will not have enough processing power. If your hard drive is nearly full, you may not have enough swap file space. Probably obvious, but I would look there first.

Open in safe mode as that restricts the number of programs that open, then check memory etc - although you might catch the memory test on boot up if you are quick.

jack 21:59 26 Sep 05

All the above plus a defrag[programs/asseccories/system tools]If possible[thinking security/H&S]run overnight with nothing going on. Run cc Cleaner click here
also click here windows care.com
Supposing you can do these things with your employers machine.of course

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…