PC going blind!!

Dirk Diggler 19:36 02 Mar 07

I have managed to set up my laptop to access the internet via a wireless router linked to my main PC - no problems there!

I am now trying to set up file and printer sharing and have created a workgroup (WORKGROUP75). When I go into the workgroup on the main PC it does not show the laptop and vice versa!

When trying to access teh workgroup on the lappy I get and error message saying I do not have permission and to contact the network administator (err that'll be me then!!)

Can anyone give me pointers as to where I am going wrong or an idiots guide to setting up a way that both PCs can see each other / share files & printers etc

MTIA

Ashrich 20:35 02 Mar 07

Try disabling the firewalls on both PC's and see if it makes any difference .

Ashley

Dirk Diggler 20:38 02 Mar 07

I'm using Zonealarm if thats any use

Ashrich 21:46 02 Mar 07

Only disable them temporarily to see if it is them that is stopping the network connecting , you can then configure them if it works .

Ashley

Dirk Diggler 11:59 03 Mar 07

Okay, I have disabled the firwalls on both PC and lappy (after disconneting from t'internet of course) and they could quite happily see each other and I can print a doc from lappy using printer connected to main PC - all well and good

So a firewall issue has ben established. How can I configure the firewall (Zone Alarm free on both PC and lapp) to allow each other access as I dont want the firewalls turned off when connected back to the t'internet for obvious reasons :-)

Dirk Diggler 12:10 03 Mar 07

Managed to add trusted IP addresses on each machine and all seems running fine - Many thanks - Marked as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…