pc goes black screen no respond

surfmonkey #:@}© 01:04 29 Apr 06

I have a problem on pc i have installed a game dod source when it first started i got the error message saying my graphics drivers are not recomended for the game so i updated them to the most recent for my geforce 440 card all was ok for a couple of days now when i try to play the game it starts them about 10 minutes into the multiplayer game the screen goes black ant the pc dont respond till i reboot its also started to happen on other game such as call of duty where it never happened before, run virus/mailware/adware scanner nothing unusal there cleaned out dust from pc and fans all running ok all hardware seated furmly anc correct . i have also tryed about 5 diferent driver versions. any one got any ideas.

remind 01:09 29 Apr 06

A 440 card will struggle to run Day Of Defeat (I presume) at the best of times. It could be down to that.

phono 01:13 29 Apr 06

Does this only happen when playing games? It is possibly a heat related problem, how many fans have you got fitted to your case? not including PSU and heatsink, does your video card have a fan fitted? is it working?

surfmonkey #:@}© 01:24 29 Apr 06

i have two fans on the rear of case no the video card has no fan it only happens on games i played day of defeat and call of duty in the past for hours it never happened then it only occured after installing dod sourse

ICF 07:13 29 Apr 06

Is there a update patch for the game?

Harpur 07:57 29 Apr 06

i would have thought the 440 would struggle to play these games and i would look to change the card

surfmonkey #:@}© 14:13 29 Apr 06

any ideas on a cheap replacement

ScarFace(M.O.D) 14:29 29 Apr 06

no such thing as a cheap replacement but if you want to find the best for cheap id say ebay, but u gotta mak sure if u do upgrade that your graphics card is compatible then get the drivers if they dont cum with it

Harpur 19:28 29 Apr 06

take a look at click here there are plenty of modern cards in the agp format that will be more than ample for your needs. go for the dearedt you can afford.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…