PC is giving me System adminstrator troubles

Sgt Apone 16:40 04 Nov 07

Ok father-in-laws pc is playing up again. There is no Control Panel option and when you right click on desktop and click properties it wont let you do it. This is the msg the pc gives.
"this operation has been cacelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."
Well he alway has been administrator and always been able to use control panel and other stuff before so whats happened? also if you click his username with the avatar in the start menu wont let you do that either. :(

johnnyrocker 16:45 04 Nov 07

safe mode?

johnny.

Sgt Apone 16:48 04 Nov 07

nope its booting up straight into normal windows mode, its almost like he is a guest on his own pc but theres no guest options or switch to administrator option.

johnnyrocker 17:00 04 Nov 07

try F8 during boot up to enter safe mode and try system restore? also what os is it?

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:17 04 Nov 07

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

Sgt Apone 19:44 06 Nov 07

sorry been busy, i will try all these ideas tomorrow night when i go to see father-in-law again. ill let you know the results. cheers for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…