pc games that play on windows vista

brad paisley 20:15 23 Oct 07

any website i can check what games work on vista. i see on most websites for games e.g medieval total war 2 it says platform: windows xp

would this game run on vista? thanks

if you have enough power you can get most games to run on either platform, you have to do a little bending the rules as vista often wont let some parts of programs read certain other parts of data etc. but i managed to get all my games running in some sort of fashion on vista. it's a damn lot easier to get vista games to run ob xp though.
i think sp1 will address this as vista struggles, with 3d programs such as games atm with the way video ram is allocated.
best thing to do before you buy a games is to go on the website forum and find the code and tweeks needed.

brad paisley 23:27 23 Oct 07

thank you.

crosstrainer 11:57 24 Oct 07

Can be made to run on Vista, It's just a question of changing administrator privledges. I have some really ancient stuff running fine... Max Payne 1 and 2, Doom, Quake, and numerous others.

If you have a specific game you want to run post back.

Daibido 22:10 04 Nov 07

Theres one game I've been trying to get to work on vista seens its realese, "Slave Zero" for the PC, If any one can help; please do so.
Thank you

DANZIG 23:19 04 Nov 07

I've managed to get these games running on my Vista laptop...Populous(The Beginning), Paint Shop Pro 5, Jedi Knight II, Civ III. Bizarrely though Scrabble 2003, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, and Sim City 3000 don't...

Why?

Daibido 23:31 04 Nov 07

Slave Zero is saying its not sapported by the O.S., and Virtual PC can't run on my copy of Vista. So is there a way around this or am I sunk, because I've heard of Vista ATM alowing it to run on Vista.

wolfie3000 23:41 04 Nov 07

Check here for all games that support windows vista.

click here

Daibido 04:25 05 Nov 07

Ok "Slave Zero" is not suported by Vista, is there a way to fix this? Its optamised for Windows 98 SE.

Devil Fish 21:13 05 Nov 07

Slave Zero

have been looking round google and it appears that it may be the copy protection safe disk that is causing the problem whilst their are ways around this i may be treading on thin ground as far as forum rules go in giving you details on how to

the only thing i can suggest is do a google and see what you come up with

chris3753 12:08 09 Apr 09

i just got my laptop for christmas and iv been trying to install my games on it that i had for my other pc, alien nations, severence blade of darkness, settlers IV and civ III but when i put the disks in, my laptop wont even recognise that there is actualy a disk in, iv tried going into my cumputer to manualy run it but nothing seems to work.
any ideas?
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac