PC Games not compatible with Windows 7

Pinklady1967 14:23 30 Mar 11

Does anyone know how to run/install games on to the laptop to operate in an earlier version of Windows please? My laptop is Windows 7 and the games are either Windows 98 or XP.

Thank you.

howard64 14:48 30 Mar 11

with w7 go to start - type in compatibility mode or use progs from a different version of windows. If you have previously tried uninstall all traces of what you tried to get running then reboot and go to compatibility mode then load the prog through it.

Pinklady1967 10:25 06 Apr 11

I tried what you suggested Howard64, thank you. Unfortunately unless the game is downloaded on my pc I cannot work out how to make it compatible. All of the games I've tried so far will not install or copy to the hard drive, so I'm stuck.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

ams4127 10:42 06 Apr 11

Right click on the setup.exe file and select compatibility mode for XP.

Thalmus 10:44 06 Apr 11

what version of windows 7 do you have? If it's Professional, ultimate or Enterprise click here

Pinklady1967 08:42 09 Jun 11

Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately it seems that the problem lies with something to do with 32 or 64 bites (probably spelt wrongly - sorry!). Anyway, I obviously have very old games and they are not compatible, so have given up. Many thanks though for assistance.

kalignorgna 10:58 09 Jun 11

once the game is insallad right click on the shortcut to the game (or the main exe file) and click on compatability then select run with xp sp3 as the option. I've also found that runing problem games as admin by standard (option on compatability tab) works qiute well in conjunction with the compatability mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017