Pc games keep crashing at startup

fpbobo 11:26 13 May 15

Basically, it all started a few days ago, when a certain game, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, would start crashing when i would minimize it. After a couple of more days, the game didn't start at all. I Would hit Play on Steam, and the process would start not responding immediately. To my horror, i later found out that some other games keep crashing in the same manner, games like World of Warcraft. I even had a hard time writing this because the Shockwave Plugin kept crashing and i couldnt access the website. Also had problems watching youtube videos, as the video would load, but it would not start. I could pick any part of the video, the immage would change but nothing else, as if it was always on pause. I'm running a MSI Apache Pro Laptop Windows 8.1 x64 CPU: intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40Ghz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 850M 2Gb DDR5 RAM: 12Gb DDR3 I made sure that Windows is up to date, and that the drivers are up to date as well. Did a computer virus scan, a drivers check, and i've taken a look around the running Processes and Services, and found nothing out of order.

Jollyjohn 12:27 13 May 15

Over heating would be my suggestion. Try this click here and look at temperatures.

Ensure a good airflow around laptop and check fan is spinning, you should be able to hear it.

fpbobo 16:07 13 May 15

The temperatures are all fine. The laptop has cooling booster. I press the button and the fan starts spinning like crazy, so no, thats not it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…