Pc games keep crashing at startup

fpbobo 11:26 13 May 15

Basically, it all started a few days ago, when a certain game, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, would start crashing when i would minimize it. After a couple of more days, the game didn't start at all. I Would hit Play on Steam, and the process would start not responding immediately. To my horror, i later found out that some other games keep crashing in the same manner, games like World of Warcraft. I even had a hard time writing this because the Shockwave Plugin kept crashing and i couldnt access the website. Also had problems watching youtube videos, as the video would load, but it would not start. I could pick any part of the video, the immage would change but nothing else, as if it was always on pause. I'm running a MSI Apache Pro Laptop Windows 8.1 x64 CPU: intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40Ghz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 850M 2Gb DDR5 RAM: 12Gb DDR3 I made sure that Windows is up to date, and that the drivers are up to date as well. Did a computer virus scan, a drivers check, and i've taken a look around the running Processes and Services, and found nothing out of order.

Jollyjohn 12:27 13 May 15

Over heating would be my suggestion. Try this click here and look at temperatures.

Ensure a good airflow around laptop and check fan is spinning, you should be able to hear it.

fpbobo 16:07 13 May 15

The temperatures are all fine. The laptop has cooling booster. I press the button and the fan starts spinning like crazy, so no, thats not it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5