PC games don't recognise CD in drive

chrismuir 22:22 24 Oct 04

Hi

Have recently updated my PC. Have a DVD RW as my D drive and CDR as my E drive. Have installed a number of games (using the DVD drive) and when I now try to play them the games can't find the required game CD that I have put in the DVD drive. When I put a CD in the D drive, it autoplays quite happily, but when I click on 'start' to play the game, it doesn't seem to be able to find the CD.

Managed to get around this for Doom by finding a no-cd crack, but don't want to have to do this for all. I did wonder about changing the drive letters assigned to the DVD and CD so that the CD is my D drive and the DVD is my E, how do I do this?

Any suggestions??

Chris

Giggle n' Bits 23:29 24 Oct 04

a drive read error, have all your games having the same problems or just a few ?

How about opening up the CD with the game in and then opening the game from within the CD Contents ?

Strawballs 23:34 24 Oct 04

Why have you started 2 threads on the same subject

chrismuir 23:45 24 Oct 04

Sorry, meant to delete this one as I didn't explain the problem very well. Have posted more info in my second attempt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…