pc games crashing computer

spike 60 20:26 21 May 05

I have an adventT9201. When playing new games, counter strike and guild wars the computer was crashing. Since I reformatted with the help of an advisor through pc world performance last sunday, the computer now closes and restarts. It only appears to do this on games reading from discs connected to the internet. Ordinary internet use does not seem to affect. Anyone any ideas. One other thing through pc performance we have had 3 new hard drives since January. The computer was bought in November and has had continuous probs with this. Any advise welcome, thanks.

Giggle n' Bits 20:54 21 May 05

When reinstalling windows you need to install the Motherboard Chipset Drivers be it VIA, Intel or Sis, Nvidia or ATI which are not so common.

I would also look at your AGP card drivers, infact check them all.

Audio, Grpahics, Modem, Chipset, SATA?, USB

Really we need to know which windows you have and if its XP Home which Service Pack is installed ?

spike 60 21:11 21 May 05

thanks, I know I have xp home not sure which pack? Will check other things out though, thanks again for a quick response.

spike 60 21:40 25 May 05

Thanks again for your advise. I checked all things out and updated drivers for ATI etc, amazing results, fingers crossed it seems to have worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…