PC Game - Unreal Tournament ONLINE Play

Spex 21:35 03 Apr 06

Hi

ive been playing Unreal Tournament a while and i cant play online games. I think its 2003. This game works perfectly but I cannot play Online. Every server i click on gives me the same error: Connection failed.
I have been lookin out on the internet but couln't find anything.

Diodorus Siculus 21:39 03 Apr 06

Do you have a firewall installed? Check that it is not blocking it...

Spex 21:48 03 Apr 06

i dont know how to check, i have norton installed?

Spex 21:50 03 Apr 06

to be honest i dont want to play around with my firewall settings and the rest of it, i thought it would be an easy thing to solve, but if it is to do with my firewall then its really not worth the trouble, but thx for the reply.

wolfie3000 23:55 03 Apr 06

Spex check for updates for the game and also check unreal tournament forums.

Spex 09:06 04 Apr 06

good idea.

Spex 17:06 04 Apr 06

the updates didnt work, still sais connection error. any other ideas, just wondering, if i wanted to how would i turn off the firewall temporarily?

Magic Hobo 17:32 04 Apr 06

I used to have Norton but don't anymore, but I seem to remember that you could disable Norton by right clicking on the icon and clicking disable.

Search the Internet for what ports Norton uses and then open those in the firewall settings in Norton, there's no need to turn off the firewall, just change the settings.

---
Magic Hobo

vinnyT 13:26 05 Apr 06

In zonealarm there is the option, under program control, to block, allow or ask (the latter will ask if you want to allow the specified prog access to the internet every time it tries to access) individual programs access to the net.

There may be a similar option in Norton's firewall somewhere.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…