Pc game controllers

raziel08 17:11 04 Jan 09

Hi i'm looking for a new gamepad to use with my pc games (specifically the ones labelled games for windows) However after looking at various sites for a cheap one i couldn't find one that was suitable. I need one with the dual analog sticks but prefer the xbox style controllers but the cheap versions seem to get bad reviews. Can you recommend a good gamepad; alternatively would it be possible to use my old gamepad from the xbox (the 1st one) on my pc?

scotty 17:19 04 Jan 09

Have you considered using a playstation controller with an adaptor?

raziel08 20:41 04 Jan 09

yeah i've looked at those however i've grown used to the better postioning of the analog sticks on an xbox style control. How much would an playstation adaptor cost and where can i get one?

CurlyWhirly 08:55 05 Jan 09

I use the Super box 3 adapter with a PS2 controller but I'm not sure if I can continue using it as I'm about to buy a new PC with Vista and Vista isn't listed as a compatible O/S

click here

Esc4p3 09:07 05 Jan 09

I use an xbox 360 controller, £17.99 from play.com. It works with Vista out of the box, although you may have to download an update via windows update. I am sure it works with Windows XP as well....

raziel08 11:06 05 Jan 09

yeah thanks will have a look at those options then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now