PC frezes with CD Auto Run!!!

bangers 11:25 26 Jun 04

I am using XP Professional and a lite-on DVD Burner and lite-on DVD Rom whenever I use an auto run CD in either my DVD burner or DVD rom my PC freezes and I have to press the restart button. I have disabled the XP auto run but unless I hold shift down the PC freezes sometime even when I have have held shift down I go to explorer and click on the CD files the PC freezes. Any one any ideas please?

anon1 12:01 26 Jun 04

Have you checked device manager for any indication of a conflict? Try removing the dwevice from device manager and then restart the computer. You may need any software drivers etc that came with the drives. Has this always been a problem or has it just appeared. Did you install the hardware recently and have you added any software which may have caused this problem. Lots of questions I know but its all part of the elimination process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…