PC Freezing

Newuser4424 14:19 05 Dec 04

Hello,

I have an intermittent problem with my PC. Every now and again my PC freezes followed by my monitor going onto standby and then a beep from my motherboard. I'm running windows XP AMD2600, 512 RAM.
Thanks, Paul

bof:) 16:44 05 Dec 04

Hi Newuser4424,

you need to know what make your BIOS is. This can bee seen when your PC starts up or you can press the 'DEL' button when you startup your pc.

You then need to go and have a look at a website showing 'beep codes'.

click here

Beep codes are numbers of beeps that point you towards where the problem with your pc lies.

1 beep is usual at start up are you getting any others?

Mike

bof:) 16:47 05 Dec 04

also check your power settings.Start/control panel/power options.... you may have set the monitor to go to stady after a set amount of time.

what exactly are you doing on your pc when the screen freezes? Is it always the same thing ie: gaming: reading web pages? etc

Mike

bof:) 16:49 05 Dec 04

stady should read standby

Newuser4424 18:07 05 Dec 04

When my monitor goes onto standby I can't wake it up. The motherboard beeps once and i have to turn off and on to get it working again.b I'll check out what the beep means. Thanks.

bof:) 12:05 13 Dec 04

have you checked the power settings in control panel? If there's a sleep option, turn it off.

Or, is there a sleep option on the monitor itself?

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…