Pc freezes when trying to use DVD Software

Curio 14:51 21 Apr 04

Have just got hold of Serif Digital Power Pack which combines 9 CDs worth of Image manipulation onto one DVD. MediaPlus, MontagePlus, PopArtPlus, 100,000 Photo Clip Art.
It is supposed to Autorun, but doesn't.
when I try to install via My Computer and access the DVD Drive 'E' the computer freezes. A reboot changed nothing and DVD Drive will read a Movie quite happily.
System is XP Home 512 DDR Ram, P4 2.66.
Any thoughts gratefully accepted

Old Shep 15:59 21 Apr 04

Serif are very good but cheap. I am not slagging them as I have bought lots off them but not without problems. I bought a pack like you 2-3 years ago which included Mailplus it did not work and caused havock with my computer. I would get onto Serif as it appears you have a problem with the disk. They were very helpful to me when I got annoyed.

Curio 16:43 21 Apr 04

Old Shep - there is a query already in the pipeline to Serif, Reply expected in 2 days. Just hoped I might get an earlier response through this Forum

Curio 17:19 21 Apr 04

Out of curiosity I installed it on Sony Laptop W98SE P3 and it runs OK. Obviously not the disc but a conflict in the Desktop PC. What is the conflict though?

Curio 19:41 21 Apr 04

Now safely installed. Carried out a Registry clean using Easy Cleaner and was successful in next attempt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…