PC Freezes at startup - No BIOS screen

BlessedMan 15:46 02 Oct 07

I have an Asus P4U800X motherboard,
BIOS at 1006,
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz CPU,
350W PSU
Running XP with 1gb Ram

My system has been running slow recently so after defrag and reducing did not speed it up as I liked I decided to double my RAM so I bought 2 1gb ram sticks, I installed it and everything was ok for 15 mins, then system reboots all of a sudden, this happened again then I checked all cables and it happened again and then a blue screen showed. then after this the SYSTEM WOULD NOT GO TO BIOS!!!!. WILL NOT POST

Following suggestions from other threads I unplugged the HDD, floppy and DVD/CD writer
and used 1 RAM stick but I cannot get the PC to POST so there is no way I can boot it.

I am beginning to suspect PSU or motherboard has crocked. Any sugesstions please

woodchip 16:16 02 Oct 07

Swap the ram or try the old ram back in

BlessedMan 16:33 02 Oct 07

Yes I tried that nothing changed. I forgot to mention that when I switch on the PC a green light comes on the motherboard as normal but a red light shows on the HDD light and on the CD writer and the power switch does not work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 02 Oct 07

Put it back to the original condition.

Reset the BIOS by using the clear BIOS jumper or by removeing the CMOS battery for a few minutes.

Then retry and see what happens.

BlessedMan 17:10 02 Oct 07

Thanks, I tried it but nothing changed

woodchip 21:46 02 Oct 07

My view is the Motherboard as packed in.

But before you try one. It would be cheaper to first test the PSU with a known good working one

BlessedMan 12:13 08 Oct 07

Hi Woodchip, you are right motherboard is dead. I have replaced it but I now have another problem with my hard disk I may start a new post regarding this

woodchip 14:55 08 Oct 07

It may have taken the Hard Drive out also, it did one one of mine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5