PC Freezes going into Stand By or Shutting Down

Beadle 19:30 04 Jul 03

I have an annoying problem crop up recently where my PC freezes (only option is to reset the PC) whilst attempting to go into stand by and sometime whilst shutting down.

I am running Windows XP and the problems seemed to start when I installed a Pinnacle PCTV Rave card.

I have checked the Pinnacle website but this particular error is not mentioned though there are numerous bugs with the software.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Can I see if anything is causing a conflict? I have tried troubleshooting the hardware and have up to date drivers.

Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance.

User-312386 19:44 04 Jul 03

could we have a few system specs as well

also any sound cards fitted/usb/hardware?

Beadle 19:54 04 Jul 03

The system as supplied by Mesh was -

AMD Athlon XP 2400+
512MB Ram
80 GB Maxtor Hard Drive
Motherboard - ASUS A7V8X
Graphics - Radeon 9000 128MB Ram
On Board Sound I think (Avance AC'97 Audio for Via Audio Controller)

This set up worked correctly for approx. 5 months until the PCTV Rave card was fitted. The TV card is the only hardware modification from the original spec.

I have both a Digital Camera and Flash Drive that I attach to a USB port when needed.

Thanks you in advance.

jazzypop 19:59 04 Jul 03

click here for generic advice, although I could not see anything there specific to the TV Rave card.

Beadle 20:34 04 Jul 03

Thanks for the site but I have already been seen it.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…