PC Freezes on boot up

peterleay 17:36 PM 15 Oct 12

My Acer [Vista] tower freezes when I open a browser, and I cann't 'unfreeze' it, eve via cntrl-alt-dlte But if I start the pc in safe/networking mode I can access everything online, but not any programmes [eg Photoshop] presumably because drivers are disabled in safe mode. I tried 2 system restarts but no joy. Any ideas?

peterleay 17:56 PM 15 Oct 12

Jock1e ~ you've asked me three questions I don't understand! 'last good configuration' - do you mean system restart? Don't know what tune up utilities are , so I guess I don;t use them. Don't know if this is relevant to that but I do use Soluto. And if I look in device manager what should I be looking for? I just looked and there 's a list of everything but no notations or anything. Sorry to be a pain. Isn't there something which can scan your pc to detect what's wrong?

woodchip 19:00 PM 15 Oct 12

Have you tried disabling Start-up Programs in MSCONFIG?

type MSCONFIG in Run then press enter go to Start-up tab and remove start-up items, do not stop your Anti-Virus running. You can re-enable these if you like one at a time and test to find the problem program

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone