PC Freezes on boot up

peterleay 17:36 PM 15 Oct 12

My Acer [Vista] tower freezes when I open a browser, and I cann't 'unfreeze' it, eve via cntrl-alt-dlte But if I start the pc in safe/networking mode I can access everything online, but not any programmes [eg Photoshop] presumably because drivers are disabled in safe mode. I tried 2 system restarts but no joy. Any ideas?

peterleay 17:56 PM 15 Oct 12

Jock1e ~ you've asked me three questions I don't understand! 'last good configuration' - do you mean system restart? Don't know what tune up utilities are , so I guess I don;t use them. Don't know if this is relevant to that but I do use Soluto. And if I look in device manager what should I be looking for? I just looked and there 's a list of everything but no notations or anything. Sorry to be a pain. Isn't there something which can scan your pc to detect what's wrong?

woodchip 19:00 PM 15 Oct 12

Have you tried disabling Start-up Programs in MSCONFIG?

type MSCONFIG in Run then press enter go to Start-up tab and remove start-up items, do not stop your Anti-Virus running. You can re-enable these if you like one at a time and test to find the problem program

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…