Pc Freezes up

MrBench 11:48 28 Jan 12

Hello the problem i have is, when i have all of m 8gb ram in the motherboard , the pc freezes up constantly and sometimes BSOD pops up aswell, all of the ram modules are brand new and are exactly the same, i now removed 2x2 gb and it seems to be working fine, it just doesnt make any sense why the pc should freeze up like that because of ram.

ICF 12:28 28 Jan 12

One of your modules of ram could be faulty.Try each one in turn on it's own and try and isolate the faulty one.

KRONOS the First 12:29 28 Jan 12

A few more details would be good.

Make/model of motherboard .

Make/model of all RAM modules.

Operating system, whether its 32 or 64 BIT.

birdface 12:43 28 Jan 12

32bit computer will only take 4gb.Just in case that is what you are using.

Bris 15:07 28 Jan 12

RAM mst be compatible with the motherboard. Suggest you go to the motherboard manufacturers website and check the type/amount you can install.

MrBench 15:23 28 Jan 12

Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD Pro Cpu: Amd phenom 970 Ram: G skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 Mhz, 2x2 + 2x2 HDD: Seagate Baracuda 7200 HDD2: Have no idea lol.

How can a new ram module be faulty? Couldn it be that i need to tweak something through bios, or maybe one of the mb ram socket is broken? Feels bad, to spend money on rams that dont work,

Bris 16:19 28 Jan 12

"how can a new RAM module be faulty?". The majority of BSODS are caused by faulty RAM modules, its not at all uncommon for new ones to be faulty.

markd71 16:30 28 Jan 12

Had a look at your board on Asustek website, no mention of 64-bit support only 4gb with Windows 32-bit. 8gb ram will work on Linux platform

MrBench 17:07 28 Jan 12

The manual says, up to 16GB so that wouldn't be the case, Ill try and switch the modules around and see what happens.

MrBench 20:19 28 Jan 12

Removed the 2x2 kit, so now it works fine, its either 2 faulty sticks, or my mb is just being dumb.

KRONOS the First 09:32 29 Jan 12

Download and run this: Memtest. This will tell you if any of your ram sticks are faulty.

Although you posted make of RAM you did not post the serial number, there are are few flavours of G skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 Mhz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…