//some 3rd party need geo

PC freeze/crash

paul1000 23:27 26 Feb 03

I am suffering from regular pc freeze/crash. It seems to happen mostly when I am connected to the net and am scrolling down a page using either the scroll bar, the mouse wheel or the direction arrows. It has also happened when I have been typing a message such as this on a web site and I get so far through the message and the pc freezes.
I have not suffered any freeze when using the pc when not connected to the net.
I am running windows 98, and have an AMD Duron 750,M810 Athlon motherboard,128mb,Epson 440 and Mustek 600cp scanner.
Any assistance/ideas as to what may be the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kyomii 23:33 26 Feb 03

There could be many reasons, but as you specify that this problem only occurs when on the Internet, I am inclined to first of all ask if you are clearing your cookies and cache files after surfing the Internet?

woodchip 23:34 26 Feb 03

Two things I can recommend, is first remove the side for your computer to see if it improves matters.

Second run SFC from start\run would your windows disc in and look for corrupt files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…