PC freeze during gaming.

SBS 06:55 13 Feb 06

Hi All,
CPU: 2.8Ghz/1MB cache
RAM: 1GB DDR400, 800Mhz FSB
Graphic:Powercolor 9600Pro/128MB
Intel PERL mobo
Power supply: I-cute 430 watts(come with the casing)

My PC will always freeze at the 'intensive' part of the games eg.HALO, LOCK ON.

Playing Mechwarrio...ok

Updated the mobo BIOS n Powercolor driver still cannot.
Any ideas?
Pls help.
Thank You.

dogtrack 07:39 13 Feb 06

Looking at your specs and assuming your machine is well maintained, Defragged and free of rubish. I have to say your 9600 is the weakest link.

I use Flight Sim 9, which is CPU intensive, rather than GPU intensive. Even with a 3 Ghz CPU and a 9600 X 256 MB I still got the stutters with all settings maxed out. An upgrade to an X700 AGP solved all my woes.

If finances are tight, you could try reducing your settings within games, to achieve a suitable level of play. And in the meantime start saving up.

On a technical note, the 9600 if I remember correctly has 4 pixel pipelines, while the X700 has 8....it makes a huge difference.

gudgulf 09:53 13 Feb 06

Could be overheating.......have a look inside the computer case.Check that the cpu heatsink/fan and graphics card fan is not clogged up with dust and fluff.Likewise make sure all the case vents,particularly at the front lower part of the case are not clogged.

Once cleaned out switch on the pc and check that the fans on the cpu and graphics card are working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…