PC forum search radio buttons

emperor 13:04 25 Apr 05

When trying to search this site to see if a subject had been raised before, with one or two searches I got the following message:

"Search results
There are no messages that match your search criteria. Please try some new keywords

You may want to try expanding your search to look in the message body as well, please select the appropriate radio button above"

My powers of observation are not brilliant, but I could not see any relevant radio buttons. Please could someone tell me where I am going wrong, and how to find said buttons?

emperor

SEASHANTY 16:56 25 Apr 05

I'm not all that sure what they mean by Radio buttons either. However - the search box on the left works better with just one word queries. e.g.
inputting "VHS TO DVD" brings up just 23 threads, but inputting just the one word "VHS" brings up 127 threads.

Belatucadrus 17:20 25 Apr 05

I think it's a hang over from previous generations of the search engine, that were rather more configurable than the current version.

SANTOS7 17:28 25 Apr 05
  emperor 18:42 25 Apr 05

Thank you all.

I suspect Belatucadrus is correct. This reduced functionality is a shame as I would have liked to have searched the body of the messages to make sure I didn't miss anything. I confess I wasn't aware that only the titles were searched, though I should have guessed it from recent correspondence in this forum.

SEASHANTY, I was trying to use more than one word, and got nothing - how did you guess?

SANTOS7 - two helps in one day, very kind of you.

Thanks again,
emperor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…