PC Forum search engine

pj123 16:44 18 Aug 03

Why doesn't the PC Forum search engine ever work for me? I type in keyword(s), I change it to My Postings, I change it to All Discussions, I change it to Search Titles and all Postings and still I get nothing?

Djohn 16:47 18 Aug 03

Pete, in the centre box, change the "AND" to "OR" and try again. I find this usually works for me. j.

Djohn 16:49 18 Aug 03

Hi, Pete, try changing the centre box from "AND" to "OR". I find this usually works for me. j.

Djohn 16:51 18 Aug 03

But the "Post response" button doesn't always work for me! :o(

palinka 17:10 18 Aug 03

I've had occasional problems too. Recently there's been lots of questions about 32bit and 64 bit (people asking which download they need in XP from MS site for Blaster worm ) yet when I typed in these two I got the message "Nothing matching".

anchor 19:48 18 Aug 03

I also have found the PCA forum search engine very unreliable indeed. For example, in a thread in early August I referred to myself as a luddite, (as I was sticking with Windows ME).

A search for the word luddite in "my postings" -"titles and all postings", turns up nothing.

So when new members are advised to first do a search prior posting a question, we must understand when the answer to their problem is not found.

Peverelli 19:53 18 Aug 03

It does work if you select luddite OR luddite.

Weird eh?

You beat me to it, I just tried the same thing!

I'm glad others also have problems searching now, it was easier quite a while back.

Djohn 19:59 18 Aug 03

This is the way I do it, as mentioned in my post above. Don't know why it works better, but it does. j.

Mango Grummit 20:19 18 Aug 03

It does work better using Djohn's method it's true. It's not quite useless but it's not the greatest search tool about by a very long piece of schoolboy chalk and newcomers, short of having a bit of luck, have next to no chance of finding anything at all.

Peverelli 20:48 18 Aug 03

I agree that it's a bit fiddly to use but when you get the hang of it, it works quite well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…