PC Forgets I Have 4 speakers

BAC1-11 23:21 22 Jul 04

I am running XP Home with an Audigy sound card. When the PC boots up the system defaults to a 2 speaker configuration. I then have to go to Audio HQ and reset the 4-speaker setting.

How can I get the PC to default to a 4-speaker config?

BAC1-11 13:21 01 Aug 04

Please

anniel 16:10 01 Aug 04

click here. There is a support section on the site.

CurlyWhirly 16:41 01 Aug 04

1-11

Have you selected quadrophonic speakers under START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES > SPEAKER SETTINGS > ADVANCED?
CW

zootmo 17:20 01 Aug 04

This was a known problem with Creatives stuff, my setup is a Audigy 6-1 system which would regularly default to 2-1. Apparently the fault lies in Creatives speaker configuration utility not the drivers.

I solved this by uninstalling all Creatives original stuff and re-installing a later version. As for sound drivers generally, I have found that as long as a driver is working O.K. then carry on using it i.e. don't update just because there is a newer driver. It can be more trouble than it's worth.

BAC1-11 13:33 02 Aug 04

CurleyWhirley and zootmo thank you for your helpful advice.

anneil, naturally I tried there before coming here, I'm not a complete newbie. Thank you anyway for putting my question back at the top of the pile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…