PC fan freezes up computer

evo_faction 13:00 08 Jun 06

Hi all,

My computer has been acting pretty strangely, strangely I say because I don't know why it does this. When I use it, say for playing a game, the fan comes on quite loudly, and as soon as it starts, the computer freezes up for a few seconds, like 15 or so. When the fan stops about another 15 seconds later, it locks up again for another 15 seconds.

It does happen randomly, and when it starts, it'll carry on starting and stopping this every 20 minutes or so.

I presume that something is heating up... my question is what is causing it do to this and how can I stop it?

Thanks all.

Simsy 13:07 08 Jun 06

there's a problem with the fan/power supply? It might be that the fan is taking too much power and causing a voltage drop for the rest of the system.

I'm clutching at straws rather... so I'd wait for further suggestions before acting on what I've said!

Regards,

Simsy

B1nary 14:04 08 Jun 06

I agree with Simsy...

or... could be that the fan is going to the 'great fan house in the sky'!...

happened to my home pc a few weeks back, fan was making a right racket and then one day decided not to work!! replaced fan and prob sorted.

evo_faction 18:06 08 Jun 06

I'll have a try replacing the fan, it's really bad, I must say.

I'll let you know how it goes. First, need to find out which fan it is that makes the racket.

Thanks both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…