Pc Fan

swanny2 00:33 15 Sep 07

ive just noticed my fan at the back of my pc,seems too sound louder than what it use too/
Is this a Problem i should solve please?
thanks
Swanny
:O)

Acx 02:20 15 Sep 07

Check the case vents for a large build up of dust and hoover them out.

crosstrainer 07:02 15 Sep 07

And if that fails, replace the fan...only cost a few quid, and prevention is better than an overheating PC :)

jack 08:25 15 Sep 07

Ultimately a replacement, but before that and after the clean up. lift the label in the centre of the fan add a merest smear of light oil[NOT WD40] replace the label.

swanny2 10:20 15 Sep 07

ok thanks will try that

Totally-braindead 12:30 15 Sep 07

Please note the merest smear advice from jack, you will be surprised how far one single drop of oil can manage to spray itself. Personally I just clean it and if that fails replace it as I tend to be a bit heavy handed with oil and would probably end up with it sprayed all over the place.

Probabilitydrive 14:04 15 Sep 07

Some info of a fan failure and its consequences click here

jack 19:28 15 Sep 07

Don't frighten the Guy BD
If the drop fills the bearing pit and surplus carefully wiped away and the label carefully replaced
No probs.
A few years ago a friend had a Tiny -remember those?
He called the engineer because of the same noise problem.
Said engineer sussed the prob- retreated out side to his car- and returned with the dipstick with the sticky end on a cloth and administered the drop.
Worked a charm. ;-)

fishface113 20:59 15 Sep 07

They cost as little as 69 pence, why in gods name clean it or grease it. Chuck it away and buy a new one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now